This 2020, we have toured our backyards just enough. With a much better outlook for 2021, prepare for actually traveling the world and getting a well-deserved rest. As millions are preparing their vacations and booking their flights, Expedia took note and just released the Expedia Travel Trends 2021.
In this report, the travel search engine looks at the hottest destinations for next year, plus the latest changes in the industry from the point of view of travelers.
Top 10 Trending Destinations
The most important section of the Expedia Travel Trends 2021 report is the list of the most searched places for flights and reservations.
What Expedia found is that most of the top 20 are paradisiacal getaways, such as Playa del Carmen, Hawaii, or Bali. Secondarily, US residents are also searching for domestic flights, to cities such as Orlando or Las Vegas. Let’s take a look at the list:
Expedia's recommendations for flights in 2021
Along with the destination trends, Expedia gave orientations on when to make your reservations. This is to help their users to get the best deals on their ticket prices and features:
- Prices might be historically low, but they rise during peak travel periods. For example, the Christmas season, spring break, or the summer holidays. Be wary of the high season fluctuations when you book.
- The best day to book is Sunday! For domestic flights, booking on Sunday will save you around 15% on your plane tickets. For international flights, it can be more than 20%.
- In turn, the best days to depart are Thursday and Friday. Follow this step and you can save around 20% on domestic flights, and 25% on international flights.
To check the full Expedia Travel Trends 20201 report, click here.
Priorities for traveling in 2021
As the world changed, so did travel. These are the new trends in how travelers choose to fly:
- Flexibility is now a must-have. That is why refundable bookings are now especially popular.
- Health and safety while traveling: in their destinations, during the trip. and in the particular accommodation they choose.
- Booking less than a month before the trip. Before the pandemic, people planned their trips 45 days in advance on average. As we now wait a bit more, just to make sure we can actually go, the average is 29 days.
Learn more about Playa
If you are coming to Playa del Carmen, we are happy to give you some recommendations: where to stay, the best restaurants, tips to get the best deals, you name it. The only thing you need to do is book an appointment with us.[bookly-form category_id=”-1″ service_id=”5″ hide=”categories,services,staff_members,date,week_days,time_range”]